What label warnings do you look out for and what does it mean to have sensitive skin? It is frustrating for people with sensitive skin to find a bath gel or a body wash that gets their skin clean without causing a bad reaction. While most of us enjoy bathing daily, others who are struggling with this kind of skin sensitivity may find it painful. The goal is to find a treatment that soothes the skin rather than irritates it. A well established skin care routine using the right products for you can do absolute wonders for the health and wellness of your skin.
There are some ingredients to be aware of. You should avoid synthetic fragrances because they are a common irritant and allergen. “Unscented” and “fragrance-free” are not the same. Unscented means that it doesn’t have a strong odor or maybe other ingredients are masking its smell. Fragrance-free suggests that it is non-allergic.
Consider the word hypoallergenic. It is another term that doesn’t mean what you think it does. There is no FDA standard for hypoallergenic labels for skin care or cosmetic products. Companies can label their products with this word when it contains the same formula as an unlabeled one. The company might say that their “hypoallergenic” product was animal-tested to prove fewer adverse reactions.There are a lot of things to consider when using products.
Watch out for alcohols that dry out your skin, such as:
- Propylene glycol
- Even natural oils like peppermint or menthol
- Ethoxylated surfactants
- Other Alcohol Additives
All of the above are considered allergens. Avoid them if possible. Instead, look for product ingredients that contain:
- Coconut oil
- Tea tree oil
- Sea- salt
- Argan oil
- Aloe vera
- Jojoba oil
- Almond oil
- Shea butter
- Cannabidiol or CBD Oil
These ingredients can:
- Heal and renew your skin
- Clear up rashes
- Work as anti-inflammatory agents
- Soothe dry spots
- Nourish your skin
Suggested Acne Body Wash
Now that we’ve gone over what to avoid and what to look for, let us look at some specific acne body wash products which might be a good option for people suffering with acne and sensitive skin.
- Puracy Natural Body Wash
The best body wash for sensitive skin is Puracy Natural body wash. It is a sulfate-free shower gel and daily cleanser. This product cleanses and softens the skin with the influence and power of:
- Coconut oil
- Pink grapefruit
- Himalayan pink salt
- Essential oils
- Vegetable glycerin
It also leaves the skin soft and clean. It smells like pine but the scent fades. The formula has aloe vera and olive oil as well as vitamin E which heal your skin and make it gorgeously soft.
- Misumi Blemish Clear Body Wash
This is one of the most effective and powerful acne treatments available on the market. This product uses a combination of salicylic acid, lactic acid and glycolic acid to remove dead cells, excess oil, sweat, and impurities that clog up pores. This body wash product is also excellent for preventing severe acne scars and for achieving firmer and younger looking skin. Misumi Blemish Clear Body Wash is suitable for all skin types, especially acne-prone and oily skin. Its formula contains lavender oil which gives a relaxing and calming finish. Misumi offers 100% refunds.
- Murad Acne Complex and Acne Body Wash
- If you have oily or acne-prone skin, you have slower rates of depilation and the condition makes the skin susceptible to clogged, enlarged pores. This causes nodular acne, blackheads and whiteheads. The so-called product is a triple antibody acne cleanser that contains glycolic acid and Salicylic acid. Altogether these ingredients work by cleaning your pores and eliminating breakout intensely whing soothing irritated skin.The Glycolic acid that is obtained in sugarcane improves the health and texture of your sensitive skin. It has a chemical that loosens the bonds between the top layer of the skin cells and helps the shedding of dead or damaged cells. It encourages new skin cells to grow and that gives the skin a refreshing glow. Glycolic Acid also helps prevent the build up of dead skin cells that cause clogged pores and dull complexion.
According to the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, increasing natural skin exfoliation helps prevent acne flare-ups. The product also diminishes acne scars and decreases skin inflammation by removing dry skin while improving the moisture content of your skin. This has a pleasant smell, is a little bit pricey but gives tremendous help to those suffering with sensitive, acne prone skin.
- Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash
- This product for acne is a refreshing and clean-rinsing body wash that contains salicylic acid which is proven to have acne-fighting ingredients. When you apply this to your skin, it breaks down fatty compounds like the oily sebum that can clog pores. Salicylic acid gently removes dead skin cells. It also increases cell turnover and collagen production and it removes discoloration. Neutrogena Body Clear Body wash prevents and treat acne breakouts without over-drying or irritating your skin. The so-called body wash has a pleasant scent, is gentle on skin and inexpensive.
- Tea Tree Skin Clearing Body Wash
- This product has pure leaf essential oil made with hand-harvested leaves and is a good back acne product. The product contains antibacterial and antifungal properties. It deeply penetrates the skin to unblock the sebaceous gland. It also drys out whiteheads and disinfects the pores which in turn can prevent further breakouts. The product removes dry skin cells and balances the skin through controlling oil production. The product reviews state that it leaves your skin feeling hydrated and silky soft. This body wash is a fair trade product that works on stubborn acne.These products represent just a tiny fraction of the choice of products available on the market today. Because acne is so common, skincare and beauty brands have released countless products to cater to that market. It can be hard to see the wood for the trees when standing in your local drug store in front of hundreds of similar products. Hopefully this post will help you to distinguish between them in future, and find the acne body wash that’s best for you.